MINUTES OF REGULAR BOARD MEETING
August 18, 2021
Call to Order
President Mike Daley called the meeting to order with Vice President Stephen Coles, board members Jeanine Ellis, Rachel Barkworth and Jill Allington present. Chief Mike Cousineau attended via Face Time. Also present was Assistant Fire Chief Leo Touzjian, Chris Rich, Erle Collom, Will Heath and Board Secretary Teresa Hoffman.
Minutes from Previous Meeting
Stephen Coles made a motion to approve meeting minutes for July 2021, seconded by Jeanine Ellis, motion passed.
Submission of Bills
Jeanine Ellis made a motion to pay bills, seconded by Jill Allington, motion passed.
* The Treasurer’s Report was given by Rachel Barkworth.
* December Board Meeting will be moved to Monday, December 13 to meet budget deadlines.
* Discussion about paying for new apparatus using the truck fund money instead of financing.
- Treasurer will research options and present at next Board Meeting.
Fire Chief’s Report
* 24 Calls; 10 Medical, 5 Smoke/Illegal Campfires, 4 Motor Vehicle Accidents, 2 Hazardous Materials, 1 Mutual Aid, 1 Service Call and 1 Fire Alarm
* Abrahm Filoramo is looking for housing.
* Marisol Robles will be a Homeland Security EMT for 1 year.
* Three new recruits – Dennis, Nathan, Sydney.
* Request changing Maintenance pay to hourly.
o Research costs from the past.
* 5225 Electrical hazards fixed.
* Private donor ordering 4-Seater UTV, plus trailer for AFPD.
* Community Room
- No new requests.
* Working with Hygiene Fire, Lyons Fire, Lefthand Fire and Pinewood Springs Fire for a mutual grant for SCBA gear (apx $120,000).
- Jill Allington made a motion to approve the Fire Chief signing the Grant Consulting Agreement from Firehouse Grants, LLC, seconded by Jeanine Ellis, motion passed.
- Fee will be $2,499.
Stations / Land
* Station One – Main - 14861 Highway 7 – Osmun
- Window repairs done.
- Need new person to clean upstairs and downstairs.
- Garage Door received, not yet installed.
- Emergency Call Box working.
* Station Two – 2770 Riverside Drive – Heathermeade
- Still need to paint and caulk.
- Leo Touzjian will take this on.
* Station Three – 4 County Road 113 East - Meeker Park
- Nothing new
* Station Four – 7400 Highway 7 – The Heights
- Nothing new
* Station Five – 32 Bunce School Road – McCulloch
- Service Request made to Boulder County to address erosion issues on the road.
Fire Fighter Comments
* Erle Collom agrees that we should not be financing apparatus if at all possible.
- Pump test passed this year.
- Replacements should be made based on need and keep options open.
* Will Heath would like to rehab older trucks instead of purchasing new.
* Mike Cousineau added that 5225 goes on 90% of calls.
* Leo Touzjian suggested looking at the truck plan and add refurbishment options.
* Rachel Barkworth thinks officers should discuss at the Officer Meeting.
Board Member Comments
* The meeting was adjourned at 8:19 PM.
Board Secretary July 18, 2021